Our Client Account Online is designed to help professional firms hold client money safely and securely, whilst complying with regulatory obligations.
With separate accounts for each client, it allows you to manage their funds easily and conveniently online.
Is this the right account for you?
This account should only be used for client monies and can only be opened and operated by a solicitor regulated by the Law Society of Scotland, not a private individual.
Withdrawals can only be made via electronic transfer to a nominated bank account.
Withdrawal requests received by 2.00pm will arrive in the solicitors account the following working day. Instructions received after 2.00pm are processed the following working day for next day payment.
- Request received on Tuesday 1pm will be credited on Wednesday to the solicitor’s account.
- Request received on Tuesday 3pm will be credited on Thursday to the solicitor’s account.
How it works
• Your designated point of contact will discuss your requirements to make sure the account meets your needs.
• You complete an application form and will be requested to provide additional documents, which should be sent to:
Client Account Online Savings
Scottish Building Society
6 Alford Place
• Once an application has been received and assessed, we will contact you to confirm the account can be opened along with any other relevant information, including secure log in details.
• You can start to use your Client Account Online once we have confirmed your account is open.