The Scottish Building Society is the oldest remaining building society in the world (established in 1848). Our enduring success is founded on a robust business model, talented people, a reputation built on trust, confidence and exceptional customer service.
What we look for
Our people are key to our success, and in addition to our competitive pay and benefits package, we offer an excellent work life balance, a supportive, open, friendly and collaborative working environment, the ability to influence our business and shape our strategy, and professional progression.
Attributes we value are diligence, integrity, team work, creativity, positivity, a desire to continually improve the business and oneself, and a commitment to ensuring that the customer remains at the heart of everything we do.
Meeting the demands of the future
We are constantly evolving as an organisation. So whether you are looking for a Customer Service or Mortgage Adviser role in one of our branches or a Head Office position, we’d love to hear from you.
You can email your current CV and covering letter to us at email@example.com
Job Title: Mortgage Administrator
Salary: Dependent upon experience
Benefits: Include: bonus, private health care, non-contributory pension, flexible working and generous annual leave.
Location: Edinburgh city centre
Closing date: 19 February 2021.
- Assisting with the processing of on-line mortgage applications including the accurate keying of data to the Society’s systems as required.
- Provide updates as necessary to relevant parties as to the progress of mortgage applications.
- Production and issuing of mortgage offer documents to all relevant parties.
- Administering release of funds for new mortgage business to solicitors and borrowers.
- Processing of documentation received by the Society in connection with the completion of new mortgage business.
- Take fees and Instruct valuations and re inspections.
- Check and execute legal documentation received by the Society in respect of the administration and redemption of mortgage accounts.
- Support inbound telephony. Deal and resolve with complex mortgage queries from customers.
- Administration of Title Deeds and associated documents including completing standard and non-standard correspondence and documentation for issue to Solicitors and borrowers, making and receiving telephone calls in connection with queries of Title Deeds and associated documentation.
- Deal with maturing policies assigned to mortgage accounts. Execute legal documentation received by the Society in respect of administration of life policies, as directed by the Mortgage Operations Manager.
- Filing of Head Office paperwork in respect of mortgage accounts ensuring that the electronic customer system is accurately maintained.
Qualifications and Experience required for this role
- Previous Mortgage experience would be preferred.
- Strong communication & customer service skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- A confident, professional telephone manner.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- PC skills including Word and Excel.