The Society will only consider mortgage applications where the borrower(s) main residence is deemed to be in the UK.
The Society will however accept applications for consideration where the borrower is employed overseas provided:
- The property to be taken as security is to be the borrower(s) main residence.
- Maximum LTV is 80%.
- Minimum sterling equivalent income of £40,000.
- There is a track record of income paid into a UK bank account, which can be evidenced.
- Where the borrower is paid in a foreign currency this must be credited to a UK bank account in sterling.
- The Society in the course of its affordability assessment will stress the income of the borrower paid in a foreign currency.
- The property must be occupied by their immediate family i.e. spouse and children with spouse party to the mortgage.
The Society will normally only consider foreign currency applications where borrowers are paid in either US Dollars, Euros or Norwegian Krone.
All foreign currency applications should be referred to your BDM in the first instance.