Acceptable Accountants Qualifications

For all mortgages the certificate may only be signed by an accountant with one of the following professional qualifications:

  • CA: The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland
  • ACA/FCA: The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales or the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland
  • ACCA/FCCA: The Chartered Association of Certified Accountants
  • ACMA/FCMA: The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
  • ATT: Association of Taxation Technicians
  • If it is not possible to obtain an Accountant’s Certificate at least the last 3 years’ accounts should be obtained.
  • If the applicant submits a self-assessment return to HMRC, copies of the last 3 tax calculation forms (SA302) issued by HMRC should be obtained. However as SA302s are in effect self certification and no checks are carried out by HMRC, additional comfort must be obtained. This may take the form of confirmation of tax paid in previous years via the relevant HMRC Overview sheet, bank statements or contracts.
  • Projections/estimates should be obtained if three years income cannot be confirmed. The business must have been trading for at least two years with the results confirmed by the accountant with an estimate/projection provided for the third year.



Contact Us

For new savings or mortgage enquiries, call us today on

0333 207 4007

Lines open 9-5 Mon to Fri (10-5 Wed). Calls may be recorded and/or monitored.

Existing Member Enquiries

To talk to us about an existing savings or mortgage account, contact your local office

Find your local office