Scottish Building Society has teamed up with Aberdein Considine to encourage members to make a Will. Writing a Will can ensure your family is protected - but it is one of those things that people tend to put off till tomorrow - unfortunately in some cases, tomorrow is often too late.
Do I need a Will?
Writing a Will can ensure your family is protected - but it is one of those things that people tend to put off till tomorrow - unfortunately in some cases, tomorrow is often too late.
With family structures being more complicated and many couples living together without necessarily getting married, it is surprising just how many people do not realise that they are in a vulnerable position should a spouse or partner die.
It can give you valuable peace of mind to have a Will written by a Solicitor so are delighted to work with Aberdein Considine, a reputable and professional firm of solicitors to offer our members help in writing their Will.
Reasons to have a will...
- Ensure that your assets are distributed in accordance with your wishes.
- Choose who your executor (s) will be to handle the winding up of your estate.
- Prevent legal problems arising after your death.
- Choose who will be responsible for the care of your children.
- Provide for your children financially.
- To provide for your partner if you are not married or in a civil partnership.
- Ensure that family heirlooms remain within the family.
- Help your favourite cause, through a tax-free donation to charity.
- Leave gifts to friends and family.
- Set out wishes regarding your funeral.
- Protect any business interests.
- Minimise inheritance tax payable.
How to find out more
Please call Aberdein Considine on 0141 227 8200.