Compliance Monitoring Analyst
Salary: £25-30k dependent upon experience
Benefits include: bonus, private health care, non-contributory pension, flexible working
A Compliance Monitoring Analyst is required to join our busy Compliance team. This is a varied and challenging role which will require the individual to:
- Manage an annual schedule of Compliance and Data Protection monitoring activity, ensuring reviews requested by the Head of Compliance are planned and tracked appropriately throughout the year;
- Independently conduct desk-based analysis of mortgage advice, complaints, savings and Data Protection-related files to assess compliance with policies and regulation and check that our customers are receiving fair outcomes;
- Produce written reports and recommendations following reviews undertaken, for discussion with Management across the Society;
- Complete weekly ‘horizon scanning’ of regulators’ websites to identify new regulatory developments that may affect the Society;
- Perform quality checking of regulatory reports and returns submitted to the Compliance team for review and signoff;
- Track and monitor the completion of management actions following Internal Audit activity, escalating issues to the Head of Compliance as required; and
- Support the Head of Compliance with a variety of other regular and ad-hoc tasks as required to ensure the Compliance team operates effectively.
Skills required for this role:
- Ability to absorb and understand complex or technical procedures and regulations, then apply this in practice when reviewing files (eg complaints);
- Proficiency in analysing a wide variety of data and information, identifying any gaps, limitations or trends present, then forming balanced judgments;
- Ability to explain complex or technical topics in a straightforward manner, precisely and accurately, whether verbally or in writing;
- Ability to produce concise, structured and professionally-presented reports with a tone and style appropriate for senior audiences;
- Proficiency in planning activities up to several months ahead, arranging tasks in a logical, efficient order while balancing different stakeholders’ needs;
- Capacity to juggle a broad and varied workload from day to day, keeping longer-term activities moving while dispatching shorter tasks efficiently;
- Ability to complete regular or routine tasks carefully and accurately, on time and every time, with good concentration and attention to detail;
- Strong focus on the customer, with a good understanding of key risks to customers in financial services (for example, the risk of mis-selling); and
- Strong focus on continuous improvement, challenging oneself and others to overcome problems and find better ways of working.
A higher education qualification (e.g. a degree) and a UK mortgage advice qualification (eg CeMAP) are both essential.
A good working knowledge of retail financial services, UK mortgage regulation and risk management practices are essential, together with at least three years’ previous experience of working in a Bank or Building Society. Experience of working in an oversight, quality assurance or internal audit-type role would be desirable.
If you would like to work for a company that really cares about its staff and customers; you want to make a real impact and have a can do attitude, then we would like to hear from you...
Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Monday 26th of November 2018
We are constantly evolving as an organisation to meet the demands of the future and we are always looking for talented people to join our team. So whether you are looking for a Customer Service or Mortgage Adviser role in one of our branches or a Head Office position, we’d love to hear from you.
You can email your current CV to us at email@example.com