We are constantly evolving as an organisation to meet the demands of the future and we are always looking for talented people to join our team. So whether you are looking for a Customer Service or Mortgage Adviser role in one of our branches or a Head Office position, we’d love to hear from you.
You can email your current CV to us at email@example.com
Role: Company Secretarial Assistant
Contract: Full Time and Permanent
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 plus a competitive benefits package to include a 12% non-contributory pension, private health care, bonus, generous annual leave etc.
Location: Edinburgh City Centre
Closing date: 24 June 2019
The Scottish Building Society is the oldest in the world (established in 1848). Our enduring and on-going success is founded on a robust business model, skilled staff, a reputation built on trust and confidence and exceptional customer service.
Our staff are key to our success, and in addition to our competitive pay and benefits package, we offer an excellent work life balance, a friendly, open and collaborative working environment, the ability to influence our business, and a real and on-going opportunity to learn and develop due to the breadth of our roles and focus on multi-skilling.
Attributes we value are diligence, team work, creativity, positivity, a desire to continually improve the business and oneself, and a commitment to ensuring that the customer remains at the heart of everything we do.
Reporting to the Society Secretary, an Executive Assistant is required to join our busy team. This is a varied role which will require the individual to:
Board and Committee Support
- Co-ordinate and arrange meetings, venues and catering via telephone or email.
- Prepare and circulate agenda and meeting papers in advance of each meeting.
- Attend meetings, prepare formal minutes and record actions as appropriate, highlighting items for escalation as required.
- Track and maintain an attendance record for Board and Board Committee meetings.
- Provide ad hoc support to NEDs including arranging and maintaining a record of induction and training.
- Manage Virtual Board Room portal for Board and Committee meetings.
- Collate papers from Chief Executive and Senior Management team and upload to VBR.
- Produce and distribute finalised packs for Board and Committee Meetings to senior staff and Non Exec Directors
- Assist with the arrangements for the AGM and AGM mailing.
- Senior Managers Regime
- Provide administrative support for on-boarding new NEDs and SMF holders, including arranging for regulatory references, credit and disclosure checks.
- Maintain and update the Society’s management responsibilities map.
Skills required for this role include:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Flexible and able to deal effectively with shifting priorities and multiple deadlines
- Comfortable with professional letter writing and reporting
- High level proficiency in formatting reports
- Adaptability - certain jobs may require longer working hours during busy periods at short notice
- Ability to build good relationships – being the main point of contact for many clients and customers
- Ability to research, digest, analyze and present material clearly and concisely
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Discretion and an understanding of confidentiality issues
- Problem solving and decision making
- Good timekeeper
Experience of routine company secretarial and administration procedures, preferably from providing support to a Board and senior management in a similar role.
Higher English and Maths or equivalent and a recognised qualification in secretarial, administrative or business skills.
If you would like to work for a company that really cares about its staff and customers; you want to make a real impact and have a can do attitude, then we would like to hear from you.