Budding artists aged 8-12 years old are invited to enter a competition to design a new mascot for Scottish Building Society.
The creator of the winning design will see their creation come to life and also see it cheer on teams at Scottish Women’s Premier League matches.
One of the judging panel is Scottish artist, Steven Brown who is on the hunt to find a truly Scottish mascot.
He said: “Art is such a brilliant way to communicate and competitions like these inspire children to really express themselves creatively. I am delighted to be a judge and can’t wait to see the entries.”
Kerra McKinnie, Head of Marketing and Communications said: “This has been a tremendous year for us and we thought that engaging with our young creatives of the future would be a fitting way to end our 170th year celebrations. As sponsors of the Scottish Women’s Premier League, we can offer the lucky winner the chance to lead a team of their choice out for a SWPL game next season as well as see their mascot come to life.”
Entries can be in any medium and should be presented on A4 paper. Entries can be handed in or posted to any of our branches.
Competition Terms & Conditions:
- The promoter is: Scottish Building Society (SBS), 193 Dalry Road, Edinburgh, EH11 2EF.
- The competition is open to children aged 8 -12 years old.
- The closing date is Friday 11th January 2019.
- Pictures should be on an A4 piece of paper with the name, address and contact telephone number of the back of the entry. The contact details should be of the guardian, parent or carer of the child. Data will only be used to dminister the competition and will not be used for marketing purposes.
- The winning entry will be chosen by January 25th, 2019 and announced during the week of 1st February, 2019. The winner will be invited to Scottish Building Society head-office in Edinburgh to be awarded their prize.
- The picture will be produced into a mascot and used in marketing material by Scottish Building Society.
- The winner will be chosen by an independent panel of judges. The judges’ decision is final. There is no cash alternative prizes.
- The winning prize is £150 of art supplies and the chance to lead a SWPL team on to the pitch for a televised Scottish Building Society SWPL game during the 2019 season. The drawing will be owned by the promoter.
- Entries can be handed into any branch of SBS or associated offices. Any child of a staff member or the promoter is not allowed to enter. For a full list of offices see https://www.scottishbs.co.uk/contact-us
- Alternatively post your entry to: SBS Competition: SBS House, 193 Dalry Road, Edinburgh EH11 2EF or email a scan of both sides of your drawing to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries may be used for marketing purposes.